You know how everyone always stresses their senior year about where to go to school? I realized I have never experienced that. At first I just went to NIC. It was the only school in the area that I had time to register for. So, Decision Made. Next, was SFCC - they had the program that I want, and that's all I was really concerned about. Decision Made. I know that I can't do anything that I want to with a two year degree, but I've never really concidered anything beyond this. Really, how many fashion schools are there in the U.S. to choose from? And beyond that, they all cost an arm and a leg. FIDM- it's in California, with campuses all over the state. They have a wide variety of A.A. programs, but the only Bachelors is in general business. This school is private, so most of my credits wouldn't transfer anyway. Why spend all that money to get a business degree from a fashion school. FIDM-NO. Parsons- This is for people who are serious about design. That's great, but I don't want to. People believe that the only two jobs in the fashion industry are designers and buyers. Neither if which I think I want to pursue. Parson's is all over. The most famous being in Paris, but they also have a school in New York. PARSONS-NO. WSU- who wants to admit that they went to fashion school in Pullman? WSU-NO. FIT- This is the dream school. Its' a part of NYU. This school is for real. Not only is there the outrageous tuition to deal with, but have you ever looked at the cost of living in Chelsea Manhatten. The problem here is that even though they are public, good luck getting in. If my A.A.S doesn't match EXACTLY with their program. I have to START OVER. It's a heart breaker, but I jsut don't think this will happen. FIT- Maybe. Other than that, there are numerous "fake" schools online like the art institute, and all those weird online colleges that advertise on TV. No offense, but I just can't see myself graduating from those.
Then the other day I had a small miracle. I stumbled upon Kent State University. It's in Ohio. Fit's the criteria for a "real" school. Plus, they have a five year M.B.A. program which allows you to take graduate classes while you're doing your undergrad. Which means that one year after I get my bachelors, I would have a Masters in Business Admin. Pretty cool right.
I have decided that yes, Visual Communications is definately my first career choice. But I don't want to spend all that time in school and then get stuck. Just like all those people that are English majors. Looks really good, but what can you honestly do with it? I don't want to graduate and be sunk, that's why I love the KSU option. I would be 22 and have a Masters.
This is what I mean. All these people around me are freaking out about what they are going to do, and where they are going to school. I guess I just caught the bug! I never knew how stressful it really could be. I am horrible at making decisions. I think that's why I'm as picky with food as I am. I never wanted to take the step to order something I might not like, so I always just have the same thing. I hate the feeling I get inside when I go somewhere new to dinner, and have to look at a menu I've never seen. That's the way I've seen picking a school. I would just rather stick with what I know. I don't think that's an option this time. Yikes.
Good news is that Kent is about two hours from Sandusky, Ohio. Why would we care about this? It is the roller coaster capital of the world. Chelsey's vote is obviously for KSU!
Dress shabbily and they remember the dress.
Dress impeccably and they remember the woman.
I'm a fashion student. Sounds glamorous right? Who knew that fashion students even existed in North Idaho! I am currently working on a A.A.S in Fashion Merchandising as well as an A.A. in General Studies at SFCC, which if you weren't clear is by the Spokane airport. There are some days I spend more time driving than in class.I plan to transfer immediately to Fashion Institute of Technology in the Chelsea borough of Manhattan to get my degree in Global Fashion Communications.
Until then, I work at a Promotional Advertising Company as a.... Personal Assistant?
Until then, I work at a Promotional Advertising Company as a.... Personal Assistant?
Blog Archive
7:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment